About the Miss Sake Australia
The application period to become Australia’s first Miss Sake has been extended until February 27, 2019.
Don’t delay in getting your application in to ensure your chance to experience this unique opportunity.
- Become a spokesperson for all you love about Japan: the sake, the cuisine and the culture.
- Get paid to attend cultural events and official engagements as a recognised Cultural Ambassador
- Enjoy a free trip to Japan for the inauguration of the 2019 Miss Sake Japan.
- Meet Miss Sake Cultural Ambassadors from other countries including Hong Kong, Taiwan and Vietnam, with more countries being announced in 2020.
- Take advantage of unique networking opportunities in business, government and community.
- Add this impressive award to your CV and resume.
The Miss Sake program exists to select a Cultural Ambassador to share a love and understanding of sake, Japanese cuisine and the charm of Japanese culture both inside and outside of Japan.
The program originated in Japan in 2013 and has subsequently expanded into other countries with the primary mission to promote cultural understanding and world community through the appreciation of sake.
In Japan the program has the support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, the National Tax Agency and the Japan Sake Brewery Association.
The three main tenants of the program are:
- Promotion and education of the enjoyment of sake.
- Promotion of Japanese cuisine, regional food and agriculture.
- Promotion of Japanese culture, art and craftsmanship.
We are proud to announce the launch of the Miss Sake program in Australia.
We seek an articulate, charismatic individual who has a genuine interest in sake, Japanese cuisine and the culture of Japan. The successful candidate will be a spokesperson at many cultural events and will engage the community to share your passion for Japan.
Miss Sake Australia will be flown to Japan in March 2019 to attend the Miss Sake Japan inauguration ceremony.
We look forward to receiving your application to become Miss Sake Australia 2019.
For more information on the origin of the Miss Sake program please visit HERE: